Date and Location in West Cumbria TBC
Fill in the form at the bottom of this page to be the first to hear when dates are announced!
That sewing machine you have had for years still in the back of the cupboard?
Recently got a new machine as a gift and don’t know where to start?
Want to know what to sew first?
Then this is the workshop for you.
Spend the day getting to know your sewing machine with Kym and learn all the skills to get you hooked on sewing!
Perfect for complete beginners and those who would like a refresher.
This workshop will cover:
- How to thread up your machine without getting in a pickle.
- Sewing a straight stitch and a zig-zag stitch and what those stitch length and width numbers mean.
- Learning how to sew a seam and a hem – these are the fundamentals in sewing and once mastered you can conquer all!
- Finishing techniques – so the back looks pretty too!
- Tips and tricks for accurate cutting using a rotary cutter.
- Following a simple sewing pattern.
- Sewing machine maintenance and troubleshooting tips.
You will make an envelope back cushion cover using your new skills and leave full of inspiration to make a start on your next project!
You will need to bring along your own sewing machine and accessories for this workshop, as well as half a metre of fabric and matching polyester thread to make your cushion cover. All other materials, including a copy of the MAKE! The Lakes Envelope Cushion pattern, and use of tools will be provided. You can either bring your own cushion pad or purchase one from Kym on the day.
Snacks, refreshments and homemade cake will be available to keep you going. Please bring a packed lunch for our mid-day break.
If you would like to be the first to hear when this workshop is available to book, fill in the form below…
This workshop is also available as a 1-2-1 session – Contact me for more info!
MAKE! The Lakes creative workshops and classes take place in the stunning surroundings of The Lake District, Cumbria.
*pricing subject to change depending on venue, all details will be confirmed before booking commences.