Friday 6th March – Sunday 8th March 2020
Escape with MAKE! The Lakes and discover some patchwork magic at The Castle!
A weekend dedicated to sewing with special guest tutor Charlotte Newland (Sewing Quarter, BBC Sewing Bee Champion).
Make Charlotte’s very own ‘Triangle Magic Quilt’ using Foundation Paper Piecing techniques. The sewing superhero will demystify this method as she guides you through every step.
Make yourself at home and spread out in our beautiful sewing studio with your own workstation for the whole weekend – no need to tidy away between sessions, hooray!
Receive a special invitation to an Afternoon Tea Party in the Castle on Sunday to round off your escape in style.
Enjoy Cumbrian home comforts while staying in the four-star Coachman’s Quarters accommodation in the Castle grounds.
With plenty of home cooking to keep you going throughout the weekend, what more could you want!
What is included:
- Sewing sessions led by expert Charlotte Newland working on the Triangle Magic Quilt pattern. (Max. 8 students so lots of 1-2-1 attention).
- Personalised Copy of the Triangle Magic Pattern, signed by Charlotte.
- Two-night stay in the Coachman’s Quarters at Muncaster Castle from Friday, 6th March – Sunday, 8th March 2020.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and light refreshments throughout the weekend.
- Afternoon Tea Party in the Castle.
- Explore the castle, grounds and Hawk and Owl Centre.
You will need to bring your own sewing machine, machine accessories, and the materials and thread for your quilt top. Kits will be available to purchase on request. All other materials and tools will be provided, however, do feel free to bring your own sewing box if you prefer.
SKILL LEVEL: This is an intermediate level project suitable for those that have already completed one or two simple patchwork projects before.
Bring a sewing (or non-sewing) buddy! Non-sewists tickets include everything except the sewing sessions, they will find plenty to occupy them at Muncaster and in the nearby village of Ravenglass whilst you are in the sewing studio.