Friday 15th November – Sunday 17th November 2019
Escape with MAKE! The Lakes to a Cumbrian castle for a weekend and sew your dream dress.
Special guest BBC Sewing Bee Champion Charlotte Newland will join us to guide you every step of the way in making a perfectly fitting dress.
Make yourself at home and spread out in our beautiful sewing studio with your own workstation for the whole weekend – no need to tidy away between sessions, hooray!
Receive a special invitation to an Afternoon Tea Party in the Castle – the perfect opportunity to wear your new dress!
Enjoy some Cumbrian home comforts while staying in the four-star Coachman’s Quarters accommodation in the Castle grounds.
With plenty of home cooking to keep you going throughout the weekend, what more could you want!
What is included:
- Sewing sessions led by expert Charlotte Newland to fit and make your dream dress. (Max. 8 students so lots of 1-2-1 attention).
- Two night stay in the Coachman’s Quarters at Muncaster Castle from Friday, 15th November – Sunday, 17th November 2019.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and light refreshments throughout the weekend.
- Afternoon Tea Party in the Castle.
- Explore the castle, grounds and Hawk and Owl Centre.
You will need to bring your own sewing machine, the fabric for your finished dress, and your dress pattern. Kym and Charlotte can help you choose your pattern and fabric after booking. All other materials and tools will be provided, however, do feel free to bring your own sewing kit if you prefer.
Beginners to dressmaking are welcome although you should be confident with sewing machine basics, hems and seams.
Bring a sewing (or non-sewing) buddy! Non-sewists tickets include everything except the sewing sessions, they will find plenty to occupy them at Muncaster and in the nearby village of Ravenglass whilst you are in the sewing studio.