Date: Thursday 18th November 2021
Time: 5pm – 8pm
Venue: The Old Dairy, Muncaster Castle
This workshop will cover:
- How to thread up your machine without getting in a pickle.
- Sewing a straight stitch and a zig-zag stitch and what those stitch length and width numbers mean.
- Learning how to sew a seam and a hem – these are the fundamentals in sewing and once mastered you can conquer all!
- Finishing techniques – so the back looks pretty too!
- Tips and tricks for accurate cutting using a rotary cutter.
- Following a simple sewing pattern.
- Sewing machine maintenance and troubleshooting tips.
You will make an envelope back cushion cover using your new skills and leave full of inspiration to make a start on your next project!
What is included:
- A copy of Kym’s Envelope Cushion Sewing Pattern
- Practice sheets and materials.
- Kym’s expert guidance and company for the evening
- Plenty of Tea, Coffee and biscuits to keep you going
SKILL LEVEL: Perfect for complete beginners and those who would like a refresher.
You will need to bring along your own sewing machine and accessories for this workshop, as well as 1/2 – 1 metre of fabric and matching polyester thread to make your cushion cover. All other materials, including a copy of the MAKE! The Lakes Envelope Cushion pattern, and use of tools will be provided. You can either bring your own cushion pad or purchase one from Kym.
Depending on how quickly you sew, there may be a little finishing off to do at home. You will leave with all the knowledge you need to continue if this is the case.
Need to borrow a sewing machine for the workshop? We have a limited number of machines that can be hired for the duration of the workshop. Please get in touch before booking to check availability.
This workshop is also available as a 1-2-1 session – Contact me for more info!
MAKE! The Lakes creative workshops and classes take place in the stunning surroundings of The Lake District, Cumbria.